My goal is to help you choose the best options for you and your baby, so that you can become the parent you want to be while enjoying the process, stress-free.
We’ll begin with an initial phone or skype consultation so I can get to know you and determine your needs. From there, I’ll create a customized pregnancy, birth, and postpartum plan that will cater to your unique personality, desires, and lifestyle. Finally, we’ll set up a plan-of-action so that you actually implement the plan and get the most benefit from my services.
I can help you answer the following questions:
- What type of birth do you wish to have?
- How should you prepare for your ideal birth?
- What are your options for labor and birth care?
- How do you create a birth plan?
- What classes should you take?
- What coping strategies will work for you during childbirth?
- For queer families, what typical challenges might you encounter as part of being pregnant and becoming a parent in our heteronormative culture?
- Is your house ready for your baby?
- How can you relax and enjoy your pregnancy?
- Will you benefit from a doula?
- How do you create a newborn care plan?
- How can you make your home safe for baby?
- How can you green-proof your home?
- How will you feed your baby?
- If you want to nurse your baby, what nursing support will you require?
- If you are a non-gestational parent, how can you induce lactation to feed your baby?
- How will you cope when your initial support is gone?
I can help you find the following resources:
- Childbirth classes
- Local prenatal exercise options
- Prenatal massage, acupuncture, chiropractors
- Holistic fertility options
- Birth and postpartum doulas
- Green products
- Parenting resources
- Queer family building resources
- Classes and holistic services for your newborn (sign-language, yoga, massage, music, etc.)
- Pregnancy/birth/newborn photographers
- Lactation consultants and counselors
Your complete consulting package includes the following:
- 1 hour initial consultation for need assessment and prioritization
- 1 hour plan presentation
- Creation of your customized personal pregnancy/new parent plan
- Creation of your customized plan-of-action
- Handouts and reference material
- Free unlimited email consultation for one month from date of initial consult
- Free client-originated phone calls (10 min. or less) for one month from date of initial consult
Not sure if BirthRoot’s childbirth consulting services are right for you?
Schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation to meet the midwife and have your questions answered.
Schedule a free consultation